- Breen Lab, College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University – Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Lymphoma and Other Types of Cancer
- Ostrander Lab – Toe Cancer in the Briard
- New Lymphoma Clinical Study in Texas
Knowledge Base / Articles
- Canine Squamous Cell Carcinoma (pdf)
- Canine Hemangiosarcoma – The Road From Despair to Hope (pdf)
a new article from the Modiano and Breen labs describing the current state of knowledge for canine hemangiosarcoma, including what it is, why it may happen, and how it can be managed. In addition, the authors present recent findings from their programs that promise to help improve the ability to diagnose, treat, and prevent this disease. This article is provided courtesy of the AKCCHF.
- Why and When is a Biopsy Necessary -by Jaime F. Modiano, VMD, Ph.D.
- Information about Bloat – symptoms, treatment, prevention, and other general information
- Non-Dietary Risk Factors for Gastric Dilatation-Volvulus in Large and Giant Breed Dogs
Dr. Larry Glickman, et al. This link will take you to the web site of the Journal of the American Veterinary Association. There, you may read the abstract of the article for free. The entire article is available for purchase on the JAVMA web site.
- What Everyone Needs to Know about Canine Vaccines and Vaccination Programs (pdf)
Dr. Ronald Schultz’ presentation to the 2007 National Parent Club Canine Health Conference (October 19, 20, & 21)
- Vaccine FAQ (pdf) The questions from the audience at the Canine Health Conference to Dr. Schultz, followed by Dr. Schultz’ professional biography
- 2017 AAHA Canine Vaccination Guidelines
Hips and Joints
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals
The OFA promotes the health and welfare of companion animals through a reduction in the incidence of genetic disease.
- Canine Genome Primer
Basic information on DNA and the methods used in its sequencing. Reprinted with the permission of the National Human Genome Research Institute
- A Genetic Overview of the Briard (DVD)
Practical Genetics for Briard Breeders and Owners
A Seminar Presented by Jerold S. Bell, DVM Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
Other Health Issues
- Bucket List for Briard Health
- Poison Control: ASPCA Poison Control Center
Learn about surprising house hold items (onions! grapes and raisins! OTC meds!) that can sicken or poison your dog.
- Tick-Borne Diseases
- Disaster Preparations (pdf)
How to plan in advance in the event that you and your animals are caught in a disaster situation.